The Senior Test Engineer works under the limited direction of senior staff. They exercise both initiative and judgement in the interpretation of policy and in the application of practices and procedures. Decision making is dependent on judgement, skills and knowledge. Must be an Australian Citizen, Baseline Clearance a plus.
Key Duties may include:
• create and execute complex test cases on appropriate testing platforms using own in-depth technical analysis of specifications
• create complex test data within external software vendor environment
• review test cases from team members to ensure quality
• develop and review test plans, test cases, task cards and supporting test data, working to the specifications provided
• apply in depth technical analysis, practices and procedures when designing,executing and creating test cases
• assist with defining requirements for the test environments
• record and analyse test results, and report any unexpected or unsatisfactory outcomes
• contribute to team improvement initiatives and projects, including team tools, process changes, and test automation
• identify, analyse, manage and document all defects, programming errors andoperational characteristics that are inconsistent with stated requirements and design specifications
• conduct testing to ensure the ICT Service functions as per requirements
• create test data in vendor environment
Essential skills and experience
- Working in an Agile Environment
- ISTQB Foundation
- Experience in using HP ALM Quality Centre
- Development and maintenance of Automation Test Scripts
- Public or Private Sector Experience in a Testing role
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- DVA and DHS systems.
- Development and maintenance of Automation Test Script by using HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT).
- Automation testing experience on SAP CRM or ERP systems.
- Skilled at developing automation test goals, objectives and strategy.
- Understands business requirements and its automation impacts.
- Proficient with test data management, test design and development.
- Proven experience in applying automated testing best practices.
- ISTQB Certifications.
- Good understanding of Angular js application.