The service designer will work in a multidisciplinary team to build world class government digital services. You will be helping government do the hard work to radically improve government information and services. This is for everyone: you will design to make services easy for everyone to be able to understand and use, with a focus on web standards, usability and accessibility. The service designer will have extensive experience working in Agile and ideally, experience with the Commonwealth Digital Service Standard.
Essential skills and experience
- Extensive experience in the design of digital services for large organisations and government
- Demonstrable experience working in a User Centred Design environment
- Demonstrated experience mapping complex service environments both as is and future state based on insights from user research
- Demonstrated experience planning, conducting, analysing and making recommendations on user research for delivery teams
- Demonstrated experience working on operational services
- Demonstrated experience presenting persuasively to senior stakeholders
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Knowledge of the methodology used by the DTA, familiarity with the research and design community within DTA and the APS.